Sheridan Maine are working exclusively with a growing business in Bournemouth. They are looking for an experienced Accounts Assistant to work in partnership with a Management Accountant. The role is working in an experienced Group Internal Reporting team for a period of 6 months to cover maternity leave.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is keen to develop their knowledge, and practise what they are learning in their AAT, working up to Trial Balance helping to prepare the Management Accounts pack.
• Performing weekly bank reconciliations and weekly posting of cash book as required
• Working closely with the regional finance teams with regard to the cashbook postings and recording of cheques raised.
• Perform some monthly balance sheet reconciliations
• The post holder will be required to perform additional duties as instructed by the Management Accountant, Group Accounting Manager or Financial Controller
• Aid the Management Accountant with the monthly review of the VAT return
• Assisting with the preparation of documents for the audit sample testing
• Assist with various other regular monthly accounting tasks as required
Education and Qualifications:
• Ideally AAT qualified or at the later stage or have significant experience of working in a similar role
Skills & Competencies:
• Strong communicator
• Ability to comply with strict monthly processing and reporting requirements
• Flexibility in approach and ability to learn new system processing skills quickly
This role would suit someone who has a dedicated working style with the drive and enthusiasm to improve processes and to see a task through to completion. Acting as a member of the Accounting & Reporting Team you will take pride in the service provided to both internal and external customers, and as such must be a strong communicator and have the ability to comply with strict monthly processing and reporting requirements.
The role requires significant communication and liaison at different levels across the organisation and it is important that these contacts should be managed effectively and co-operatively.
You will be a highly motivated and enthusiastic team player who is happy to assist with transactional processing tasks when required, and you'll also be able to combine this with more advanced tasks involving the production of management information.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.