Sheridan Maine are working exclusively with a client in Poole who needs an experienced Cost Accountant for a period of 6 months to cover maternity leave.
This role is to support the site in the costing, re-costing and review of Finished Goods / New Products. You will also be required to provide daily reporting of business KPI and variance performance.
• Product costing and re-costing to include scenario options on different Bill of Materials and labour routes
• Support the commercial team with costing reviews and explanations of differences between different options
• Daily labour variance calculations are carried out and reported in an accurate and timely manner
• Material Usage Variance calculations and summaries are collated in an accurate and timely manner
• KPI reporting of key business metrics on a daily and weekly basis
• Ad-hoc duties as required
Knowledge and Skills:
• Part qualified accountant (2nd / 3rd year) or someone who has years of experience working in this role and sector
• Great interpersonal / communication skills
• Experience in FMCG or manufacturing business
• Assertive as needs to challenge the production teams
• Ability to get the required information quickly and efficiently
• Advanced Excel user (Key skill)
• Ability to learn quickly
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.