Sheridan Maine is delighted to be working with a strongly established retail business based in Romsey, Hampshire. They are currently looking for a finance individual with a strong accounts payable background to join them as Accounts Payable Supervisor.
In this role, you will oversee the smooth running of the purchase ledger department, ensuring that all invoices, payments and queries are resolved in a timely manner, through an organised approach and effective communication with all stakeholders, both internal and external.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Managing the performance of the purchase ledger assistants, including but not exclusively; regular 1:1's, employee feedback and development reviews, performance improvement plans, probationary reviews and absent
• Checking and processing all EPOS paperwork for designated outlets
• Clearing / matching invoices with purchase orders, ready for importing
• Communicating with key personnel in designated outlets to manage query resolution
• Processing credit claims and chasing overdue credits
• Reconciliation of supplier statements and obtaining copies where required
• Manual invoice and credit note data input (including checking coding & VAT elements)
• Point of contact for supplier enquiries
It is desirable but not essential that the candidate be AAT qualified, and will have previous supervisory and/or management experience.
The successful candidate will also have excellent communication skills, be able to adapt communication style to different audiences, and possess strong leadership skills. Strong computer proficiency (MS Office - Word, Excel and Outlook) is also key for this role.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.