Sheridan Maine is proud to be working with a top 20 Accountancy Practice to recruit a Tax Manager. This practice, that has enjoyed consistent growth, provides a platform to gain all the exposure and holistic development usually associated with more boutique firms, but with the type of complex client base and interesting challenges normally associated with the mid-tier and Big 4 practices.
Based in their Newbury office, the main purpose of the role is to take responsibility for a portfolio of personal and corporate clients and provide an all-encompassing tax offering to their clients. You will be responsible for assisting in the management of the tax team.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• To review self-assessment and corporate Tax Returns prepared by junior team members
• To prepare more complex tax computations
• To advise clients on tax liabilities in a timely manner
• Preparation and review of tax accounting disclosures in company accounts
• Tax audit review work
• Personal and business tax advisory and tax planning
• To assist clients with their tax compliance obligations and meeting the required deadlines in respect of tax compliance
• Undertaking research into tax enquiries on client affairs and ad-hoc assignments as they arise
• To provide support on planning projects and research technical issues on advisory work such as asset/business sales, succession planning and tax residency issues
• To start dealing with more complex client queries (internal and external) and provide tax planning advice
• Planning and executing the longer term strategy of the department along with the departmental partner
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• CTA qualified with a background of working in tax
• Previous experience in practice
• Competent in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
• To demonstrate clear written and verbal communication skills with both internal and external clients
• To demonstrate the ability to make decisions, solve problems and take appropriate action
• Demonstrates a clear knowledge and understanding of performance standards, quality control procedures and office procedures
• Ability to adapt leadership style for different team members
• To demonstrate good timekeeping skills as well as displaying a professional attitude in all aspects of their work
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.