One of Britain's oldest and most recognised companies are currently seeking a Financial Planning Analyst to join their team. The company specialises in collecting, maintaining and distributing data, to the people of Great Britain, whilst continually striving to be innovative and seeking ways for which their customers will get the very best.
We are looking for a switched on, assertive and hardworking accountant who is meticulous. You will be able to work within a fast paced environment and work to tight deadlines.
• Formulating financial targets and budgets in accordance with the strategy determined by the business
• Financial modelling to support the reporting & accurate forecasting of contract income, commissions and operating costs
• Operational responsibility for all areas of finance including billing, account payable and credit control
• Identifying areas of sales growth rates and profitable and loss-making projects giving guidance to consultants when costing of new bids
• Conducting revenue trending analysis for all divisions
• Compiling month end profit and loss packs including variance analysis to budget and forecast
• Challenging accounts where depreciation rates or economic lives are unreasonable
• Responsible for the fixed asset register, depreciation calculation and the retirement of assets
• Overseeing the reconciliation of core accounting and fixed asset modules
• Monitoring and providing closure of monthly creditors, debtors, payroll, bank and plant modules in the accounting system
• Reviewing and overseeing various balance sheet accounts
• Providing assistance with financial reporting such as cash flow statement preparation
• Compiling KPI dashboards summarising profitability of individual projects
• Preparing monthly management accounts
• Reconciling all control accounts including bank accounts, creditors and debtors and directors control accounts
• Supporting FD with financial reviews of profit and loss and balance sheet to maintain budget targets
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.