If opportunity doesn't come knocking at your door, build a brand! Sheridan Maine are delighted to be working with a bright and innovative design company that works with well-known brands across the globe. They are currently looking for a Financial Accountant to join their thriving finance team.
Based in their UK office located in Bath, your responsibilities will include:
• To ensure a timely close, prepare for closing the accounts of each entity ahead of each period-end close, ensuring due cut-offs applied by the business
• Determine and post period-end nominal ledger journals, subject to approval limits, through business knowledge and awareness of what is going through the accounts
• Prepare entity period-end accounts, with due variance review and analysis, and reporting packs for distribution
• Complete key balance sheet reconciliations and maintain the period-end closing file
• Lead the year-end audit management and support the Financial Controller with preparation of stat accounts and tax returns
• In accordance with the terms of relevant license agreements, prepare and distribute quarterly royalty reports, reviewing performance against commitments
• Complete monthly VAT and/or sales tax returns and similar
• Collate data for annual tax returns and other compliance reporting
• Manage and review the reconciliation of all bank accounts twice weekly
• Reconcile any petty cash across all currencies monthly
• Prepare weekly and monthly cash flow forecasts, understanding flow cycles
• Review for Financial Controller approval the fortnightly and ad hoc payment runs
• Support the Financial Controller in the development and implementation of a robust financial control environment, managing risk whilst remaining efficient
You will ideally have strong book-keeping and financial accounting skills and awareness, able to work across multiple companies / ledgers (in different currencies) with a good knowledge of financial compliance and controls.
Your qualifications and experience will include:
• Be part-qualified, as a minimum AAT qualified or equivalent, with strong technical accounting skills and studying / looking to study for further qualifications
• Have previous financial accounting or similar experience within a finance function including completing preparation of accounts, appropriate reconciliations, posting journals, determining accruals (and prepayments) and producing reports
• Have strong Excel skills and has previously worked with ERP / Finance systems.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.