A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Accounts Payable Supervisor to join a dynamic and forward thinking manufacturing business based near Wimborne. This is a new position within the business due to expansion.
You will be responsible for the management of the Direct Accounts Payable team as well as being accountable for ensuring that effective accounts payable support is provided for multiple businesses within the Group.
You will also be the first escalation point for internal and external customer queries and will manage the end-to-end accounts payable process, including payments runs.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Liaise with the business to ensure timely approval of invoices and the efficient payment of suppliers
• Oversee the timely reconciliation of supplier statements
• Carry out the final payment run check and submit payment to the bank
• Create and submit insightful reports, KPIs and ad-hoc analysis to the Accounts Team Manager
• Monitor the processing of invoices giving guidance and support where necessary
• Liaise with internal stakeholders regarding, invoices, payments runs and accounts
• Review processes to ensure they are aligned with business requirements to ensure prompt payment
• Timely and accurate processing of weekly payment runs
• Assist in providing the relevant month-end / year- end information within the required deadlines
• Suggest process improvements to the Accounts Team Manager - analyse, and implement time effective changes
• Document and review all Accounts Payable processes to ensure that the team remains efficient as the business grows and changes
• Oversee, mentor and develop the team; including managing day-to-day activities and workload, assessing performance and conducting performance and probationary reviews
• Hold weekly team meetings
• Plan the teams work schedules and areas of priority
Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required
• Proven AP Management experience and success, with an understanding of general accounting procedures
• Able to manage and deliver under pressured deadlines
• Problem solving attitude
• Strong communication skills and able to develop relationships with both Internal and external Stakeholders at all levels
The office has free parking, onsite restaurant and local transport links in addition to this you will receive:
• 25 days holiday with the option to buy/sell 5 days bringing your maximum total to 30 days plus bank holidays
• 4x your annual salary in life assurance
• Flexible benefits package (benefits such as, car scheme, retail vouchers, gym discounts, employee share scheme, health screening and more!)
• Pension Scheme
• Sports and Social club
• Supportive and friendly working environment with regular team events
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.