"Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them". Sheridan Maine are excited to be working with an innovative and dynamic organisation to recruit a Financial Reporting and Global Compliance Manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Plan the year end timetable through to the signing of the local statutory accounts and tax returns
• Plan, arrange and lead the internal steering committee meetings including capturing actions
• Assist financial shared service centre with audit and outsourcer queries as required
• Constantly consider the scope of the engagement and ensure all tasks are being upheld by the outsourcer and items are delivered on time
• Assist with bringing new jurisdictions into the global compliance outsourcing model as required
• Adapt, re-plan and manage any changes to the timeline
• Liaise with global outsourcer with any scope changes to the contracts and manage overall fees on an ongoing basis. Perform the intercompany recharges of fees
• Consistently challenge both the external provider and internal teams to refine the process and produce greater efficiency
• Manage the signing process; liaise with UK and local Directors, local auditors, local outsourcer and receive company secretarial guidance from the outsourcer's central team
• Liaise with internal tax teams to manage a smooth process for tax filing and transfer pricing adjustments
• Contribute to accounting, system and compliance finance projects as required
• Update and advise on internal accounting policies
What we are looking for:
• Strong project management and planning skills
• Qualified accountant with strong statutory experience originally from a practice background
• 3 years+ PQE
• Strong character with the ability to lead, drive change and determine the most appropriate way forward
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.