Whatever good things we build end up building us! Sheridan Maine are supporting a long established, commercial and growing organisation. They are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join their finance team.
The main purpose of this role is to provide assistance to the Financial Controller in maintaining the accuracy and completeness of the company’s books and records, undertaking certain periodic reconciliations and providing cover for the purchase and subcontract ledgers.
The role will primarily have a focus on finance and a close involvement in ensuring that the company’s books and records of prime entry are complete and accurate. In addition, the successful candidate will be encouraged to develop their commercial acumen by, for example, ensuring the company is receiving value for money for certain services.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Posting, verification and arranging payment of all one-off invoices
• Maintaining petty cash and credit card records
• Assisting with purchase ledger processing during busy times and also providing holiday cover
• Providing holiday and other cover for the subcontract ledger
• Sales ledger processing
• Assisting with posting of cash book payments and receipts
• Providing cover for weekly payroll at holiday and certain other times
• Other ad-hoc duties and special projects which are expected to evolve as the successful applicant becomes more familiar with the company’s systems and processes, with a focus on the financial and commercial implications
• Other general administration duties
What you will need to be considered for this role:
• Part qualified AAT (study support to complete AAT will be provided) or a person qualified by experience
• Numerate with commercial acumen
• Basic / Good knowledge of Microsoft products: Outlook, Word and Excel
• Previous accounting experience
• Experience with computerised accounting systems
• Be a good team worker demonstrating loyalty and commitment to the company and colleagues
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.