The quality of a leader is reflected in the standards they set themselves! Sheridan Maine are pleased to be working with a large provider of engineering services. With operations all over the UK and with an international presence too, this is a fantastic company to join.
Based within the Shared Services Centre, located in Portsmouth, the Payables Transactional Manager is responsible for delivery and development of the Accounts Payable function. The role will take responsibility for managing the day to day transactions including the departmental goals and standard practices within the team.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Maintain appropriate standards for finance accounts payable reporting, ensuring that the information delivered is accurate and operational insights are actioned appropriately
• Embed all required controls and procedures and ensure that all of the process artefacts are well documented and maintained to the highest standards on the SSC intranet
• Responsible for ensuring that all transactions are delivered in accordance with agreed SLA's and subsequent monitoring and that breaches are fully investigated with remedial actions recorded and any process changes
required are documented with a business change request
• As defined by Head of Finance Ops and working collaboratively, monitor and maintain a set of KPI's and associated end to end metrics
• Simplify process complexity and reduce any ambiguity leading to harmonisation of the team and the standardisation of system processes and reporting
• Support the Neptune rollout in the implementation, cutover and service transitions
• Lead in the preparation of internal and/or external audit requirements specific to the team activities
• Evaluate, lead and develop the team ensuring that the key business requirements are met through smart objectives and providing feedback through regular assessment and PDR's
What you will need to be great at this role:
• Strong knowledge of accounts payable and purchasing processes
• Experience of delivering within an ERP environment against a backdrop of continual process improvement
• Exposure to managing high performing teams
• Have a track record in delivering to deadlines to a measurably high degree of quality
• Influential, decision making and line management qualities to Manager Level
• Results driven self-starter with effective communication and adaptable management styles with an ability to work under pressure
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.