The science of today is the technology of tomorrow! We are hugely excited to be working with one of the world's champions of technology. With locations across the globe, this is a well-established and growing organisation. They are currently looking for a Contract Accountant to join their busy finance team located near Poole, Dorset.
You will have responsibility for providing decision support and financial analysis to contract managers for specific contracts, along with delivering monthly management accounts for each of its contracts. You will also liaise and report for one of its major customers with respect to cost performance on certain contracts.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Primary owner of relevant contract financial models, ensuring fidelity of structure and reporting, preparation of monthly variance analysis, liaison with the contract managers to ensure their
inputs into the cost to complete estimates are timely, thorough and considered
• Prepare inputs into finance reports submitted by the Business Partner for Engineering into the Senior Leadership Team and Group
• Manage the reporting timetable for key contracts under the Single Source Contract Regulations, and prepare all relevant cost certificates on timely basis to ensure these are reviewed
• Liaise with external auditors as necessary
• Provide insight into cost trends and ratios, enabling the contract management and leadership teams to address areas of concern as early as possible
• Provide support to the Finance Business Partner for Engineering where necessary with regard to other cost models
• Other ad hoc financial analysis and support to the wider Finance team as required
• Collaborate and work with the wider Finance team as well as other functions and operational colleagues, to support continuous improvement processes across the business (with a particular focus on Finance) and
challenge the status quo, seeking efficiencies as part of a team effort at both functional and operational levels
Your skills and qualifications for this role will include:
• CIMA / ACCA / ACA qualified or part-qualified with demonstrable accounting experience
• Commercially-minded with excellent Microsoft Excel/financial modelling and analytical skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in cross-functional teams and to influence others at all levels of the organisation
• Able to present and communicate financial information to both Finance and non-Finance colleagues
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.