Sheridan Maine are currently working with an established logistics firm based in Southampton. They are searching for an experienced Finance Analyst to jump on board to cover a maternity period.
We are looking for a switched on assertive hardworking individual who is meticulous . We are looking for proactivity! You will be able to work within a fast paced environment and work to tight deadlines.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Formulating financial targets and budgets in accordance with the strategy determined by the business
• Financial modelling to support the reporting & accurate forecasting of contract income, commissions and operating costs
• Business partnering with commercial teams and shared services
• Internal control proactively identifying and challenging areas for improvement
• Support the MD with financial planning and commercial analysis for the consulting division
• Identify areas of sales growth rates and profitable and loss-making projects
• Conduct revenue trending analysis
• Responsible for completion of monthly KPI pack
• Calculate month end journals and performing profit and loss analysis reporting under IFRS
• Compile month end profit and loss packs including variance analysis to budget and forecast
• Responsible for the fixed asset register, depreciation calculation and the retirement of assets
• Oversee the reconciliation of core accounting and fixed asset modules
• Monitor and provide closure of monthly creditors, debtors, payroll, bank and plant modules in the accounting system
• Review and oversee various balance sheet accounts
• Provide assistance with financial reporting such as cash flow statement preparation
• Prepare monthly management accounts which are reported directly to the Finance Director and shared with the management team
• Support FD with financial reviews of profit and loss and balance sheet to maintain budget targets
• Provide accrual information and assist in aged debt management
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.