Sheridan Maine is proud to be working with a top 20 Accountancy Practice to recruit an Audit & Accounts Senior. This practice, that has enjoyed consistent growth, provides a platform to gain all the exposure and holistic development usually associated with more boutique firms, but with the type of complex client base and interesting challenges normally associated with the mid-tier and Big 4 practices.
Based in their Newbury office, the main purpose of the role is to ensure compliance with GAPP and practical guidance is provided on regulatory matters such as tax and VAT regulations, requirements of UK law and the principles of good governance. You will also be responsible for the preparation of year end accounts; preparation of tax returns and providing business advice to clients. This role will evolve to take full responsibility for a portfolio of such clients.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Managing audits both in but primarily out of the office using a computerised audit system
• To supervise and assist junior team members both in house and off site
• To delegate and review work of junior team members; including audit files, draft documentation, accounts and corporation tax computations
• Liaison with and dealing with client queries
• To attend client meetings
• Ensure client engagement documentation is up to date
• Drafting of client invoices and to chase outstanding invoices
• Regular review of client WIP and debtor
• To act as a mentor for junior team members and provide day to day training
• Arrange for tax computation to be prepared by the tax team and provide them with all the data which they have requested, along with a drafted tax comp. Subsequently post tax journals and update the accounts file for the tax computation received
• Highlight any deficiencies in client records provided or in the conduct of the client’s business which are material or a cause for concern and recommend action to client to improve matters
• To ensure necessary adjustments are made to accounts before they are finalised and that disclosure checklists are completed
• Management accounts preparation
Your skills and experience will include:
• Qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA)
• Previous experience in practice
• Experience of completing audit and accounts work for a variety of business entities
• Possess a high level of technical knowledge combined with excellent commercial awareness
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to adapt communication style to the audience
• Track record of successfully managing, motivating and leading junior staff on assignments
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.