The science of today is the technology of tomorrow! We are hugely excited to be currently working with one of the world's champions of technology. With locations across the globe, this is an established and growing organisation.
They are looking for a motivated and passionate Assistant Accountant who will provide financial and accounting support.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Assisting in the preparation of the budget and the long range plan through the creation of operating and capex budgets
• Preparation of income statements, balance sheets, capital status and personnel costs for monthly reporting expenses, and preparation of variance analysis and forecast data
• Preparation of inter-company recharge allocations and inter-company invoices for funds transfers
• Tracking and monitoring spend for special projects associated with the IT cost centre (both structural and technical)
• Gathering all required documents that relate to Purchase requests and coordinate with purchasing to complete all the relevant forms
• Obtain approvals for invoices, as well as logging them on the system using proper codes and sending to AP for payment
• Responsible for the preparation of OpEx actuals by entering them in to a shared workbook which is needed to prepare recharges
• Preparation of monthly forecasts including inter-company recharge forecasts
• Performance of key account reconciliations, and adherence to required standards of financial control
• Review and financial approval of payment runs
• Oversee US and Canadian payroll transactions
• Approve payroll / benefit funding
• Coordinate regular governance meetings
You will be a customer focussed individual who is a team player and driven by change.
You will also have:
• Professional or near qualified accountancy qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent)
• 3+ years' experience in a financial analysis / management accounting role
• MS Office
• Concur Expenses
• Oracle (preferred) or other ERP systems
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.