Our client is one of the UK’s top accountancy practices. With 70 UK partners and approximately 500 employees, they are recognised as one of the UK’s leading firms of private client advisers; specialising in providing advice to a broad range of individuals, their families, businesses and wider interests.
They are currently looking for a motivated and committed Tax Manager for their busy finance department in London. This is a challenging and interesting role which will include exposure to a wide range of clients, often working to tight deadlines. The mix of work in the group is varied and consists of UK resident and non-resident individuals, non-domiciled individuals, partnerships, trusts and landed estates: also companies in the context of ATED returns and NRL returns.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Responsibility for a portfolio of high net worth private clients including all compliance matters, be involved in the administration of the portfolio and assist with planning and projects.
• Supervising and reviewing the work of junior staff within the group, together with the manager peer group
• Self-assessment tax returns for wealthy individuals, partnerships and trusts; associated tax computations including CGT calculations on securities, chattels and property transactions; and all related and complex aspects of looking after the tax affairs of a variety of high net worth private clients and non-UK domiciliaries
• Ad-hoc tax related projects outside of the portfolio responsibilities
• Writing articles or briefing notes for publication
• Assisting with other business development activities
This role provides a good range of work for someone with a solid tax background wishing to build on their experience. You will be educated to at least A level, ideally degree level and will have obtained a relevant professional qualification i.e. CTA/ACA/ICAS. Previous experience of using tax return software is essential, as is use of Outlook, Word and Excel.
You’ll also require confidence in dealing with partners and clients, excellent organisation and interpersonal skills, and the ability to provide accurate work in a timely and cost-effective manner. A natural team player is essential, with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.