Sheridan Maine has the pleasure of working on behalf of a busy and established organisation based on the outskirts of Salisbury City Centre who are looking for an experienced Assistant Accountant to join their team on a temp to perm basis from March.
The purpose of the role is to support the finance function through the preparation and production of financial management information, providing advice and support to budget holders.
This role will require some travel to other sites (no more than 1 hour from Salisbury and a pool car is provided)
• Assist with the preparation and management of the annual budget
• Provide ad hoc budgetary advice / reports to Budget Managers
• Maintenance of the budget and management of all requests
• Various year-end accounting adjustments and preparation of parts of the Statement of Accounts
• Provide cover for payroll upload, creditor / customer set-ups, user set-ups and BACS and cheque payment runs
• Recording all miscellaneous income and prepare for banking, posting these records to the GL
Qualifications and experience:
• AAT qualified or part qualified with relevant experience
• Full valid Driving Licence
• Confident and engaging, able to communicate at all levels
• Advanced Excel – will be manipulating and presenting high volume of data
The role is offered on a temporary to perm basis from March.
Flexible working hours
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.