Sheridan Maine is proud to be working with a top 20 Accountancy Practice to recruit a Corporate Tax Adviser. This practice, that has enjoyed consistent growth, provides a platform to gain all the exposure and holistic development usually associated with more boutique firms, but with the type of complex client base and interesting challenges normally associated with the mid-tier and Big 4 practices.
The purpose of this role is to provide compliance, support and basic tax advice to a portfolio of clients. This will cover tax research, tax computations, tax returns and advisory work.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Handle a client portfolio with limited day to day supervision
• Preparation of Corporation Tax Returns
• Preparation of basic tax advice for clients, including year-end planning, with appropriate support
• Become involved with the day-to-day interactions with clients, for example attending meetings and the client’s site to discuss the company’s/individuals tax affairs
• Take an active lead on our compliance clients’ tax affairs
• Provide support and training to the trainees in the team
• Ensuring good working capital management to include billing, Work In Progress and recoverability of debts
• Develop strong client relationships
• Develop marketing skills
• Attend local networking events
Skills and Experience
• Ability to complete and understand corporate and/or personal tax returns
• An ability to manage a portfolio effectively and meet client expectations
• Team player able to develop good relationships with clients and within the firm
• Good communication skills
• Experience of attending and contributing to client meetings
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.