Have you finally finished studying? Is your qualification now framed in pride of place on the wall? Can you finally breathe again for the first time in years…? If you are a newly qualified accountant, we want to hear from you! An opportunity has arisen for a newly qualified/finalist ACA or ACCA individual to join a motivated, professional and client focussed team.
This practice, that has enjoyed consistent growth, provides a platform to gain all the exposure and holistic development usually associated with more boutique firms, but with the type of complex client base and interesting challenges normally associated with the mid-tier and Big 4 practices.
Based in the Guildford office, your key responsibilities will include:
• Leading audits both in but primarily out of the office using a computerised audit system
• To supervise and assist junior team members both in house and off site
• To delegate and review work of junior team members; including audit files, draft documentation, accounts and corporation tax computations
• Liaison with and dealing with client queries
• To attend client meetings
• Ensure client engagement documentation is up to date
• To act as a mentor for junior team members and provide day to day training
What you will need to be great for this role:
• Qualified at ACA or ACCA with previous experience in practice
• Excellent FRS102 knowledge is essential
• Experience of completing audit and/or accounts work for a variety of business entities
• Possess a high level of technical knowledge combined with excellent commercial awareness
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to adapt communication style to the audience
• Competent in Microsoft office, including Excel and Word
• Track record of successfully managing, motivating and leading junior staff on assignments
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.