"The art of communication is the language of leadership." Sheridan Maine are pleased to be working with an established telecommunications organisation to recruit for an Accounts Assistant.
This role is ideal for a flexible, quick-learning individual who is keen to get involved in all facets of the finance function. If you have a desire to develop your accounting knowledge and experience even further, this is the role for you!
The main areas of responsibility will include:
• Preparation of monthly payroll data to send to outsourced payroll company
• Calculation of monthly sales commission for over 100 sales staff, according to a frequently-changing commission scheme
• Responsible for the processing of staff expenses – review and approval
• Completion of bank reconciliations, including foreign currency transactions
• Other monthly reconciliations and preparation/posting of month-end journals
• Other ad hoc duties as required
The successful candidate will have strong Excel skills and experience with one or more accounting packages. Excellent attention to detail and previous accounts experience and knowledge of accounting concepts is essential.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.