Dress how you want to be addressed! Sheridan Maine is proud to be working with a popular and successful fashion retailer. This well-known brand is looking for a collaborative and influential accountant to join their busy finance team as a Group Planning & Reporting Manager on a 12 month full time contract.
Your job purpose will be:
• Group management reporting and challenging business assumptions
• Group management account re-forecasting ensuring the business understands the consequences of any deviations from its plans and actions whilst ensuring the plan is robust
• A contact point for Group management information used to explain the group's financial performance
• Ensure that the data used to make Group financial decisions is accurate – and that there is one version of the truth
• Providing real insight into the management accounts
• Ensure the business leadership team receive accurate and timely Group management information
Your responsibilities will include:
• Management and development of a Finance Analyst
• Group monthly management accounts for Directors
• Group Management Accounts including CFO report for Main Board
• Group Quarterly P&L Forecast and presentation for Main Board
• Weekly EBITDA Projections and Board trade pack
• Quarterly historical datapack
• Project work including but not limited to providing relevant historical management information with explanations to support any refinancing work
• Ensuring relevant covenants/ reporting deadlines are achieved
• Providing ad hoc financial support and analysis to senior management
• Developing strong and trustworthy relationships with all Finance business partners, along with the rest of finance
We are looking for a qualified accountant (ACMA/ACA/ACCA) who has a previous finance background within the retail industry. You must be a great communicator who is able to build relationships and influence people.
Other qualities you will have to be great at this role:
• Being able to write the wordy parts of management accounts and understand nuances of the language used
• Accuracy and able to challenge others in a constructive way
• Highly proficient using Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel/PowerPoint)
• Respected for clarity of financial judgement and insight
• Ability to de-mystify financial performance and provide balanced guidance and judgement
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.